Pain occurs when the body sends nerve signals to the brain, which alerts you that you are in pain. With interventional pain management, we can stop these nerve signals to reduce your pain. Marion Pain Management Center offers these services to the residents of Ocala, Gainesville and Marion County, FL.
What is Interventional Pain Management?
Interventional pain management is a unique approach to pain relief that focuses on blocking the pain so you are able to achieve instant relief and enjoy a better quality of life. Instead of treating the cause of pain, although this is often involved in treatment, we are focused on treating the pain itself. With interventional pain management services, patients are able to achieve significant pain relief faster than with traditional care. This means that you will be able to return to work and other activities that you love without being hindered by pain.
What Interventional Pain Management Services Are Available?
At Marion Pain Management Center, we specialize in the following pain management services:
- Epidural Steroid Injections — This treatment involves the injection of steroids and an anesthetic around the spinal cord, targeting damaged or inflamed nerves that cause pain.
- Lumbar Sympathetic Blocks — This treatment is an injection into the lumbar sympathetic nerves, which are located in the lower back. This injection blocks nerve signals to provide instant pain relief.
- Stellate Ganglion Blocks — This treatment is an injection into the stellate ganglion nerves in the neck. This can provide instant pain relief in the head, arms, neck, and chest.
- Joint Injections — Joint injections can help with swelling and joint pain. These also include steroids and an anesthetic for quick and lasting relief.
- Peripheral Nerve Blocks — This is an injection of an anesthetic into a bundle of nerves. By targeting multiple nerves, we can eliminate pain from whole areas of the body.
- Radio Frequency Neurolysis — With this treatment, we target a specific nerve using a needle that emits radiofrequency energy. This blocks pain signals in the nerve for immediate and lasting relief.
- Facet Joint Injections — Facet joint injections include steroids and an anesthetic, and are injected into the spine to reduce pain.
- Selective Nerve Root Blocks — This treatment involves the injection of steroids and an anesthetic into the root of a specific nerve. This can be used to diagnose problematic nerves and provide pain relief.
- Spinal Cord Neurostimulation — This treatment delivers gentle electric currents to the spinal cord. This will interfere with any pain signals being sent to the brain, producing immediate pain relief.
- Physical Therapy Referrals — Physical therapy can be a great complement to pain management services. We can provide you with a referral to get started.
If you are considering any of these services or would like to determine which of our treatments is best for you, contact us today to schedule your initial appointment. Marion Pain Management Center welcomes patients from Ocala, The Villages, Gainesville, and the neighboring areas of Florida.